Se on tosiaan From Hell, Alan Mooren sarjakuvaan (suomennettu viisiosaisena nimellä Helvetistä) pohjautuva elokuva, jota Johnny Depp toki tähditti, mutta me tolkienistit muistamme tietysti Ian Holmista. Sarjakuvasta on tehty vastikään uusi väritetty versio, jota ei kuitenkaan ole vielä tarjolla suomennettuna.
- It is arrogant of you to assert that my present manner of thinking requires fixing at all.
- It is arrogant of you to assert it doesn't. Or you're just afraid you'll lose.
- All right, M*. Let's play chess.
- What is this? Am I dead? Is this the afterlife? A-are you some sort of narcissistic Virgil leading me to judgment?
- Yes, P*. You've been wrong about everything. There is a God, and she's very, very mad at you right now.
I totally had you for a second there. You can't deny it! Ha-ha! You should've seen your face. I mean... our... face. Hoo! That was classic.
- So... there is no God?
- Well, you're still alive, so technically, who knows?"
- We met at the ***. Been a couple thousand light-years since then.
- You were a force to be reckoned with. Sharpest tool in the shed. And despite being able to drink any of us under the table, you had every regulation down by week two.
- You're tactfully asking why I didn't identify myself when you hailed.
- Identification is standard procedure, and that's a non-answer. You haven't lost a step, ***.
- I appreciate the compliment.
- *** records show you're retired.
- Do I look retired?
- You know, I had a cousin like you. She only ever gave a straight answer in church.
- There is irony here, of course. The man you fell in love with was a *.
- He... I don't know what he was.
- There is also grace. For what greater source of peace exists than our ability to love our enemy?
- T* taught us that the *** cannot help itself. It seeks universal homogenization and assimilation.
- T* was an ignorant fool! And your people are moving closer and closer to my home planet. What are you looking for?! More territory? Conditional surrender? I mean your people won't even make demands. Why? How does this war end?
- It doesn't. ***s have tasted your blood. Conquer us, or we will never relent.