Mistä kirjasta? Lue ensimmäinen viesti.

Alkaapi pikkuhiljaa kuulostamaan yhtä sekavalta kuin tuo loistavat aloitukset ketjussa mainostamani Lem'in 'Memoirs found in a bathtub'.

Last edited:
Ei ole sekään.

“The ***** **** PTA released a statement today saying that if the School Board could not promise to prevent children
from learning about dangerous activities like drug use and library science during recess periods,
they would be blocking all school entrances with their bodies.
They pulled hundreds of bodies out from trucks, saying,
“We own all of these bodies and we will not hesitate to use them to create great flesh barricades
if that is what it takes to prevent our children from learning.”

“The search for truth takes us to dangerous places,” said Old Woman Josie.
“Often it takes us to that most dangerous place: the library.
You know who said that? No? George Washington did. Minutes before librarians ate him.”

Tämähän on selkeesti joku Welcome to Night Vale -kirja (tosin oon niin huonosti kärryillä tällä hetkellä että sen tarkempia nimitietoja en osaa antaa :D)

Welcome to Night Vale- kirjan nimi on ihan vain "Welcome to Night Vale: A Novel", joten Steelin vastaus on enemmän
kuin hyväksyttävissä. :p

I regained my couch, but never thought of sleep. Till morning dawned I was tossed on a buoyant but unquiet sea, where billows of trouble rolled under surges of joy. I thought sometimes I saw beyond its wild waters a shore, sweet as the hills of Beulah; and now and then a freshening gale, wakened by hope, bore my spirit triumphantly towards the bourne: but I could not reach it, even in fancy – a counteracting breeze blew off land, and continually drove me back. Sense would resist delirium: judgement would warn passion. Too feverish to rest, I rose as soon as day dawned.

'****, be still; don't struggle so, like a wild frantic bird that is rending its own plumage in its desperation.'
'I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an independent will, which I now exert to leave you.'

Ei osu ihan kohdalleen :)

Still I did not answer, and still I writhed myself from grasp: for I was still incredulous.
'Do you doubt me, ****?'
'Entirely.'
'You have no faith in me?'
'Not a whit.'
'Am I a liar in your eyes?' he asked passionately. 'Little sceptic, you
shall be convinced.'

...kaikkialla oli väritunnusmerkkejä, kuin hämähäkinseittivyyhtejä, liian monta, jotta niitä olisi voinut laskea tai tunnistaa. Monissa näkyi jäänteitä magiasta - luotteita ja lumoja ja loitsuja ja riimuja - joka oli yhtä helppo erottaa kuin kärrynjälkiä mutaisella tiellä.

Vähän tuntuu tutulta mutta ei sitten kuitenkaan. Kokeillaan silti, oisko Atuanin holvihaudat?

En usko että on The Gospel of Loki kun sitä ei ole suomennettu vielä... joten veikataan Riimuja.

Sepä juuri on kyseessä. Kaivoin sen hyllystä pitkästä aikaa uudelleenlukua varten, joten se oli luonnollinen valinta arvuuteltavaksi. Sinun vuorosi.

Hän oli varannut pesäpallomailan ja A:lle rahaa takahuoneen komeroon ja arvellut, että A olisi sännännyt kampaamoon mailapoikien hyökättyä auton kimppuun. Hän oli varautunut puolustamaan A:ta, viivyttelemään rakkeja ja auttamaan A:n pakoon kampaamon takahuoneen kautta.